A Court Host must be present during indoor pickleball. You can view the duties of a Court Host in the checklist at the bottom of this page. All members are encouraged to sign up as Court Host at least once.
If you are a member of the Summerland Pickleball Club and would like to volunteer as a Court Host, please access Signup Genius and register your name in the date and time of your preference. You can enter multiple dates in one session. You are not limited to the next week only. You do not need to sign up to play because Court Hosts have a reserved spot.
Once you have signed up, the Court Host Coordinator (Carol Hermesh) will contact you prior to your assignment with further details. Thank you for volunteering as a Court Host!
Court Hosting at Peach Orchard municipal courts
Court hosting is required during Drop In times at Peach Orchard. A court host volunteer has the following responsibilities:
- Unlock Cabinet
- Ensure the courts are clean and safe before play
- Set up the paddle rack system and explain how it works.
- Meet and greet any new members or public players.
- Direct complaints to an SPC Board Member or the Summerland Recreation Department.
- Ensure that all equipment is returned to the cabinet and locked before leaving.
- REPORT ANY INJURIES TO SPC BOARD MEMBER.
The SPC cabinet is not accessible outside of regular SPC hours.
Remember, during Drop In, you are the Embassador representing the Summerland Pickleball Club to new members and the general public. Thank you for volunteering your time!
COURT HOST CHECKLIST Winter
When you arrive at the Badminton Hall:
- OPEN the door of the Hall using the designated door code. Retrieve the portable nets from the back room and set up with the help of arriving members.
- TURN ON heat and lights.
- OPEN the indoor playing record for members to sign in and submit their drop in fee. Ensure that all participants at the Hall are members of the Summerland Pickleball Club and submit their $3.00 fee. Ensure that members playing pickleball are wearing proper indoor footware. Outdoor shoes are not allowed.
- ORGANIZE AND RUN the program scheduled for the date and time that you are Court Host (e.g. Round Robin, Ladders, etc.).
- IF SOMEONE GETS HURT on the courts (a head injury or requiring medical attention) complete an INCIDENT REPORT, notify the Court Host Coordinator and email the report to the Club Secretary.
When your court host time is over:
- TAKE DOWN the portable nets with the help of members present and store the nets in the designated area at the Hall. Ensure the Hall is left in good condition before leaving. Notify the Court Host Coordinator of any issues that need attention, (e.g. plumbing or electrical problems).
- SUMMARIZE member participation along with drop in amount received on the outside of the envelope provided and submit payment through the designated slot. STORE the completed playing record booklet and empty cash box in the net bag.
- TURN OFF heat and lights. Ensure the Hall is locked when you leave.
You can download the PDF Court Host Checklist file for printing by clicking here.