Finally spring has arrived and with it the demise of the winter, and the birth of the 2018 summer program at Peach Orchard.
All members will have received invitations through Sign Up Genius to attend our programs and to volunteer as court hosts.
Using self-assessment skill criteria please register for the appropriate programs. You can find the criteria on this website under the “Rules of the Game” tab.
The summer season begins with Ladies Day (all skill levels) on Tuesday May 1st.
Please follow these simple rules:
- Park in the designated parking areas outside the campground.
- Be aware that washroom facilities will be closed until the campground opens – be prepared!
- Once the campground is open for the season, pickleball activities and use of the leaf blower cannot start before 9 am.
- New players and guests are welcome to join during club-designated hours but will have to sign an insurance waiver form.
- Insurance waiver forms and membership forms are available in the binder kept in the locker.
Please consider volunteering as a host during drop-in sessions. In this role you are the ambassador representing the Pickleball Club. Responsibilities include:
- Unlock cabinet
– Ensure courts are clean, dry and safe to use
– Set up paddle rack system and explain how the system works
– Meet and greet any new members or public players
– Any complaints should be directed to an SPC board member or the District Recreation Department
– Ensure all equipment is returned to the cabinet and locked after play
– The cabinet cannot be accessed outside designated SPC and public play times. A member is not permitted the use of club equipment to play with guests/friends, etc.
– Report any injuries to an SPC board member.
You can register as a Court Host on Sign Up Genius for any time slot.